The Levels of Care in Maine Treatment Centers
Many different types of treatment exist for those who struggle with addiction. While a 30-day inpatient option can be standard, the variety of options that exist allow you to receive the care that is tailored to your individual needs. Recovery is a process, and generally there are 4 categories or levels to this process:
- Detox and Stabilization: With this category of recovery, harmful chemicals are removed from the body. A qualified medical professional needs to be present, and “at the helm” of this procedure. Managing withdrawal symptoms with medication, and watching for delirium tremors are part of the reason that a doctor is there.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs: Instead of patients staying overnight, outpatient programs allow patients to receive care without being totally removed from their current life. These type of programs can entail at least an hour of treatment, three times per week. Sessions are led by specialists in recovery who are qualified in various therapeutic areas. Types of session involved can include relapse prevention, group therapy, skills training, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, or motivational enhancement therapy.
- Partial Programs: Those looking for daily support, but who cannot enroll in inpatient care, can join partial programs, which allow a level of care in between outpatient and inpatient programs. Usually the care is administered 5 days per were week, involving half a day of service.
- Inpatient Residential Options: The longest, most focused, and for some the most successful is inpatient residential treatment. These programs require at least a few weeks of living on site, though some may extend for several months. Treatment is administered for those dealing with alcoholism, chemical dependency, and underlying psychological issues
We have listed some commonly asked questions in regards to choosing a facility:
- Can holistic needs be met through the program? A holistic approach to treatment covers medical, spiritual, psychological, social, and general wellness concerns. Individuals who receive such rounded care are better positioned for success in sobriety than their peers who receive one-dimensional recovery support.
- What options are offered to families? Many times, the families of patients need support and care as well. Some addiction treatment centers offer services to people whose family members may not even be receiving help. Children's programs can be offered as well, by which young people are taught how to cope with parents struggling with addiction.
- What is the environment like? Is there an atmosphere of respect where patient’s feel safe, comfortable, and supported? Are the spaces of the facility clean, whether living quarters or general gathering areas?
- What post-treatment services are available? Rigorous aftercare should be included for longer term sobriety to be successful. A 12-step program, a sponsor, and a counselor should be part of this process. Gatherings where alumni can connect, serve, and support each other are important as well. Learning opportunities, whether through workshops or online, are good as well.
- Does the facility accept your insurance or do you have insurance? Most insurance plans cover considerable portions of recovery costs. We at Rehab-Finder.Org work to comb through the details and help people identify the services for which they are eligible. We will help you locate rehabs that offer assistance at low to no cost or if you don't have insurance. Many facilities can be flexible with payment planning, and may even offer patient aid that does not require reimbursement.
Addiction can be defeated with the right attention and expertise, as seen in other health conditions. Allow our team at Rehab-Finder.Org to match you with the right facility for your unique challenges.
Call us today at 877-251-4813 to learn more about treatment centers in Maine.