Every Level of Care at Rhode Island Treatment Centers
Options for recovery are numerous. When one surveys the vast number of rehab facilities out there, one can see what a plethora of services and techniques are offered. In a general sense, these services fall under four different categories:
- Detox and Stabilization: Detox is a standard first step in recovery, where harmful chemicals are detoxified from the body. A physician needs to closely supervise this process for a number of reasons. The symptoms presented, such as delirium tremors, need professional care, and if not treated properly can be fatal. Another reason for a doctor’s supervision is the need for prescribed medication.
- Inpatient Residential Options: Inpatient programs require patients to stay overnight at the facility, and can be as short as a few weeks or as long as several months. Many times dual diagnosis is provided, which treats other mental health issues that could be affecting the individual.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs: Unlike inpatient, outpatient programs do not require patients to stay overnight at the facility. They have been designed to follow up inpatient care or provide an alternative for those who are unable to get away for longer periods of time to a different location. The care happens for at least an hour a few times a week.
- Partial Programs: While still not having patients stay overnight, partial programs are still more involved than regular outpatient programs. These programs provide daily support, with treatment being administered for half a day, five days a week.
Recovery-Related Questions That Need Answers
Despite everyone’s needs and preferences being different, there are some common questions that are asked when people begin searching for rehab facilities. We have listed some of these below:
- Is there evidence supporting the effectiveness of the treatment provided? Facilities should have statistics verifying the success rates that they claim, including studies that confirm the validity of the treatment methods they have put into practice.
- Does the facility have information about the patient to counselor ratio they work under? While there can be disagreement about the perfect number, they should be adhering to or taking serious guidelines that have been proposed by professionals.
- For the family members of the individuals enrolled, is care provided? Just like the patients enrolled, family members suffer, and many facilities provide additional support, including children programs that help kids learn how to cope with parents who struggle with addiction.
- Is the atmosphere of the facility comfortable and safe, with therapy being administered in respectful and non-judgmental ways?
- Is this program covered by my insurance? If not, are there discounted rates and payment programs for out-of-pocket expenses?
As many different health conditions can be treated with expertise, and the right attention you will find substance use disorder is no exception. We at Rehab-Finder.Org look forward to hearing from you, so we can connect you to the right facility to take you down the road to recovery.
Change your life with one simple phone call. Contact us at 877-251-4813 to find the right Rhode Island facility for you.