Overcoming Addiction in West Virginia
It is very common to have questions concerning rehab placement. A variety of factors need to be considered. These factors do not only relate to the addiction treatment center in question, but also have to do with you. Every person’s motivating factors for addiction, and personal circumstances are different.
While this process can be overwhelming, help is available. We at Rehab-Finder.Org are happy to use our time and resources to aid in you achieving a life of sobriety.
One of the initial steps in finding a facility and program, is to understand the types of help that are available.
Dual Diagnosis Residential Facilities
Residential facilities, where patients stay on site for care, are what most people think of when they first start considering rehab. Many of these inpatient programs also provide dual diagnosis for other mental health issues, since there can be a link between substance use disorder and other issues. Individuals who attend these facilities will find very calming atmospheres, since they are usually placed in remote locations, far from life’s common distractions and temptations. This provides mental space for reflection. A minimum of 28 days is typical for these types of programs.
Intensive Outpatient Rehab
While inpatients programs can be ideal for most, it is not always feasible for certain people to leave their current life for an extended period of time. In these cases, outpatient options can be a great fit. Patients can find effective solutions through the stringent policies of these programs, even though they are not focusing solely on their recovery. Outpatient programs usually require participation several hours a day, multiple times a week.
Behavioral Therapy Options
Behavioral therapy is included in most programs. As indicated by the National Institute of Drug Abuse, this type of therapy is most effect when administered after a more intensive treatment program. Therapist who run these programs cannot administer prescription medication, which can help with issues such as the need for relief from withdrawal symptoms.
Many times, people are most helped when they experience services dedicated to only therapeutic discussion. People are guided through issues, such as family dysfunction and childhood trauma, that likely triggered their substance abuse.
Questions That Need Answers
As you are exploring different options for treatment, consider the following questions:
- What objective is the program attempting to achieve?
- Of the treatment models used (i.e. a Hazelden approach, motivational enhancement therapy), which one does this program use?
- Which services are offered?
- Do you have a long waiting list, or a waiting list at all?
- Are the professionals working at the facility certified and licensed, and by whom?
- If inpatient treatment is right for me, what duration is most appropriate for me?
- What options do I have to pay for the program, and will my insurance cover the cost?
- Can my friends and family visit, and potentially participate in counseling sessions with me?
- Is this program affiliated with any particular religious group?
- What are my options for aftercare? Will this program provide resources and referrals for that?
As you consider rehab facilities, feel free to tackle the above-mentioned questions in the order that works best for you.
Don't delay in seeking treatment. Call us now at 877-251-4813 and let us guide you through the process in West Virginia.